Friday, July 21, 2017

Summer is a 1/4 over and I am still quilting!  No breaks just because it is summer.

Amy's "Original Gypsy Caravan Fat Quarters Quilt"
This is a free on-line pattern that is made from fat quarters and row units.

I used 10 fat quarters and 1 meter of feature fabric.  It measures about 48 inches square.






Sister Sampler Quilts - "Sister's Ten Sampler"














These girls are proudly showing off their table runners that are based on the 10 Minute Table Runner pattern found on-line.


They came to the Kids and Teens Club and made their runners with fabric of their own picking.  Our youngest gal even added a quilted "M" to hers.


This wallet:  "the Necessary Clutch Wallet" is the first of 3 samples.  I am testing this pattern to see if I am willing to teach it.  Not every pattern is suitable for teaching!

I was unable to finish this attempt on my sewing machine.  BUT I did take it to a western wear store and they were able to sew the last seams that I was unable too.  I used the kraft-tex fabric paper for the bulk of the wallet.  I do not recommend this as the sewing machine was unable to sew through it.  (Or should I say I was unwilling to wreck my machine trying to finish this one)

My next try was not as successful.  I tried using SF101 Shape-Flex.  It was not stiff enough for a wallet.  But it looks nice.  Say tuned as I will attempt one more try at this.





No comments:

Post a Comment